Ripstone Games revealed today that Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics will bring its own special brand of turn-based tactical gameplay to Steam on October 4th.
X-Com fans will probably find a lot to like here, and so will lovers of alternate history stories, as Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics will let players command a squad of Allied soldiers fighting against Nazi forces allied with the Great Old Ones.
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit’s sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customise your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.