Devolver Digital has just revealed that Crossing Souls will be released on February 13, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and PC. Developed by Fourattic, a Spain-based independent studio, Crossing Souls tasks players with going back to the wild Eighties, exploring California in the year of our Lord 1986, solving puzzles and getting into fights. We’ll control five characters who have been affected by a mysterious artifact which granted them the power to defy the rules of nature and travel between two planes of reality: life and death. Our heroes’ unique skills and combat styles will be very useful as they unearth government conspiracies, solve nefarious puzzles and fight their way through all sorts of villains.
- Feel the eighties – Do you feel that? Do you smell that? Yeah, it’s the eighties. A story set in 1986 full of references such as The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the Future and many more.
- Do you like Cartoons? – The cutscenes are inspired by 80’s cartoons, totally original and never seen before in a videogame.
- Why is this happening? – Be part of a journey between two realms, two realities: life and death. The story includes a government conspiracy, thousand-year-old characters, cowboys, pirates, ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, basketball… well, you got it.
- This music rocks! – An original score that includes tracks inspired by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith as well as radical Synth-Pop in the purest 80’s style. Play as if it was one of your favorite movies!
- Ready? Fight! – You can kick multiple enemies in the ass stylishly. Fight against street gangs, a secret army, dead monsters, creepy ghosts and many more in frantic real-time combats where a good strategy will be essential to win. Main characters have unique talents and aptitudes.