Right now, Mothership Entertainment has priced Aven Colony‘s Beta at US$ 24.99, but their website states that the full game will be launched at a higher pricepoint in 2017, on both Steam and itch.io. Please note that buying the current beta will NOT grant access to Steam keys.
The developers have also outlined a list of things that aren’t part of the beta release:
- We have 5 campaign missions available out of the 10 we expect to have when we launch in 2017.
- We have 5 sandbox missions available out of the 10 we expect to have when we launch in 2017.
- Plague spores aren’t in the game yet.
- We’ll add more buildings during the beta. We already have art almost finished for a lightning tower and a defensive turret but they aren’t in the game yet.
- We’ll be improving performance further during the beta.
We’ll be tweaking and tuning almost everything during the beta, so this means we’ll be making particularly large changes to things like:
- social policies
- research formulas
- user interface
- the various colonist morale factors
- mission setup and the various mission objectives
- enhancers and the addiction / withdrawal game mechanic
- how much buildings cost to build and what they do
A very helpful FAQ can be found here.