Bloober Team revealed today that they are working on Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition, a VR version of their acclaimed horror game that should launch on October 29th for the Oculus Quest platform.
As you might have expected, the game has been designed with the recently revealed Oculus Quest 2 in mind, and players who buy the game with the intention of playing it on the new device will be able to enjoy higher resolution textures than those of us who are still using the first generation headset.
Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition will cost US$29.99 from the Oculus Store.
The Blair Witch story has been rebuilt for the Oculus Quest platform to offer a uniquely immersive and horrifying VR experience. With environments redesigned for more interactivity and accommodate new creature encounters. In addition, there is a new control system and mechanics for your canine companion, Bullet – give him a treat right out of your hand, pet him at any time, and even play fetch! Players can enjoy a 360 immersive experience in the Black Hills Forest.
- New ways to interact with your sidekick, Bullet
- Newly-designed interactive environments to immerse you in terror
- Catch, throw, and stack objects that you find throughout the woods
- Map out your theories with an interactive marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at your touch in your investigation
- Snap branches with your hands
- Operate handles and buttons and unlock doors with keys and codes plan escapes
- New control system optimized for horrifying VR gameplay
- Eerie new sounds and spine-chilling in-game events to surprise and scare players
- Additional encounters with the mysterious forces that lurk in the forest