If you are the kind of person who enjoys playing as the Chaos forces in Warhammer 40k games, then let me tell you that the Inquisition is on its way to deal with your heretic ways. Still here? Well, if the threat of inquisitorial torture does not deter you, then let’s talk shop: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is getting a paid Chaos Forces expansion on June 24th, alongside some meaty free singleplayer updates that will also be useful for those of us who don’t dabble in heresy. The new expansion retails for US$12.99, although I’d recommend waiting for the 25th in order to purchase the base game if you don’t own yet, as the Steam Summer Sale will start on that date.
Cadia has fallen, but this is just the start of your Black Crusade. At the head of a fleet of Word Bearers, the most fervent servants of the Ruinous Powers, Malos Vrykan begins his campaign of chaos and destruction across the Aegis Occularis. His path is yours, how will you bring the galaxy to its knees?
In a brand-new Chaos Grand Campaign, experience a whole new narrative in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, charting your rise through the ranks of Chaos to become a true champion of the Dark Gods. New ships, unique missions, and their own campaign map mechanics make the Chaos campaign a fully-fledged upgrade to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.
– New Chaos grand campaign: To Serve The Dark Gods.
– Begin by conquering the key system of Chinchare and spread your influence from there
– Brand new story shows the fate of the Galaxy should Chaos dominate
– Side arcs include each other race being overrun by the Dark Gods and their minions
– Use unique map resources to summon gifts of Chaos to destroy your enemies
– Master Chaos fleets and their associated powers, upgrades, and admirals