Remember Chasm? No, not Chasm: The Rift, but Chasm, the beautiful pixel art metroidvania that first graced our screens with its magical sights back in 2013 or so. Well, it’s finally coming out! Developers Bit Kid Inc. revealed today that players will be able to enjoy the world of Chasm on July 31, 2018.
Looks like there won’t be a pre-order campaign for this little gem, but we heard that it’ll cost US$19.99 on Steam.
In Chasm, you play as a new recruit undertaking your first mission for the Guildean Kingdom. Thrilled to prove your worth as a knight, you track strange rumors that a mine vital to the Kingdom has been shut down. But what you discover in the mining town is worse than you imagined: The townspeople have disappeared, kidnapped by supernatural creatures emerging from the depths.
Honor-bound to solve the mystery and restore peace to the Kingdom, you embark upon an epic adventure, with deadly battles against cunning monsters, exploration of ancient catacombs and castles, and powerful new equipment hidden at every turn. Though the overall story is the same for all players, your hero’s journey will be unique: each of the rooms has been hand-designed, and behind the scenes Chasm stitches these rooms together into a one-of-a-kind world map that will be your own.
Some features of Chasm include:
- Over 80 enemies
- Over 10 bosses and mini-bosses
- Over 130 weapons, armor, and accessories – not including gems, potions, and other treasures to be discovered
- Authentic pixel art with 384×216 native resolution
- Proprietary world building engine that generates a unique map for each campaign playthrough
- Approximately 10-15 hours of gameplay for one full campaign