Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will be free on Steam from March 27-28 in order to celebrate the launch of Mirage: Arcane Warfare‘s closed beta. Gamers interested in picking up the first person melee combat title for free should head over to its Steam store page today at 10 AM PDT. This promotion lets users keep the game after they have downloaded it.
Mirage: Arcane Warfare enters closed beta today, and players who choose to preorder the title will be granted access instantly. The full game will be launched on May 23rd.
Besiege castles and raid villages in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. Inspired from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare aims to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.
The game is skill-based and controls like an FPS, but instead of guns and grenades, players are given swords, shields, maces, battleaxes and longbows. Set in a fictional, yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena with up to 32 players.
- Deep melee combat system provides players with a huge range of responsive combat options
- Adjust your attacks and blocks in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of the action
- Wield an arsenal of up to 60 brutal weapons ranging from broad swords and battle axes to longbows and javelins
- Dynamic objective system brings team tactics and strategy to the forefront as players batter down gates, raid villages and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.
- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more
- Vast, lush environments that transport the player to a gritty and immersive medieval world.
- Offline play options that allow players to gain familiarity with the controls and gameplay before being thrust into the action.