Developers ION LANDS revealed this week that their story-driven cyberpunk adventure Cloudpunk will hit PC on April 23rd. Console players will have to wait a bit longer though, as the game has only recently been confirmed for platforms other than PC/Steam, and Switch/PS4/Xbox One ports only have a nebulous “later this year” release window.
Your name is Rania. This is your first night working for Cloudpunk, the semi-legal delivery company based in the sprawling city of Nivalis. You go everywhere, from the Marrow below to the spires that pierce the grey clouds high above before scraping the edge of the troposphere. No delivery job is too dangerous, and no one is faster than a Cloudpunk driver.
In this story-based exploration game, you will meet a diverse range of characters including androids, AI and unscrupulous humans at every level of society. Everyone has a story, and in the course of one night in Nivalis, everything will change.
– Explore an immense vertical cyberpunk city with your hover car and on foot
– Unravel mysteries in a world of corporate conspiracy, hackers and rogue AI through the eyes of Rania
– Meet a diverse range of characters and immerse yourself in their everyday lives
– Your decisions will have a lasting impact on the inhabitants of Nivalis
– Discover hidden places and items unlocking additional stories
Considering that a certain other cyberpunk title ended up getting delayed to September, I’m quite happy that we’ll get to play this gorgeous adventure next month.