Remember when most games had a demo so we could try them before any hard earned cash left our pockets? Most publishers seem to have forgotten the good old “try before you buy” times, but Devolver Digital is not one of those, as Fourattic‘s 80’s inspired adventure Crossing Souls just got a demo, giving us a taste of the action we’ll experience once the game is out on February 13th.
Economy-inclined gamers will be happy to know that the demo requires about 1GB of hard drive space, and the download is a mere 376MB.
Busy adventure fans who can’t download the demo right now may want to watch the following teaser trailer:
- Feel the eighties – Do you feel that? Do you smell that? Yeah, it’s the eighties. A story set in 1986 full of references such as The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the Future and many more.
- Do you like Cartoons? – The cutscenes are inspired by 80’s cartoons, totally original and never seen before in a videogame.
- Why is this happening? – Be part of a journey between two realms, two realities: life and death. The story includes a government conspiracy, thousand-year-old characters, cowboys, pirates, ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, basketball… well, you got it.
- This music rocks! – An original score that includes tracks inspired by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith as well as radical Synth-Pop in the purest 80’s style. Play as if it was one of your favorite movies!
- Ready? Fight! – You can kick multiple enemies in the ass stylishly. Fight against street gangs, a secret army, dead monsters, creepy ghosts and many more in frantic real-time combats where a good strategy will be essential to win. Main characters have unique talents and aptitudes.