Consumer Softproducts revealed today that Cruelty Squad will leave Early Access on June 16th. The developer also confirmed that the game’s price will remain the same (US$19.99 or your regional equivalent).
If you haven’t heard of Cruelty Squad before reading this post, it’s a weird first person shooter that looks like a fever dream but is actually quite enjoyable to play once you get used to its quirks. Think Deus Ex but on LSD and you might be heading down the right track. Oh, and there is a stock market game within the game, but without making you spend extra real money in stuff that will probably go down the drain the second you buy.
Cruelty Squad is a tactical first person shooter set in the hardcore gig economy of corporate liquidations. You’re an emotionally dead combat-substance fueled grunt of Cruelty Squad, a depraved subsidiary company tasked with performing wetworks for its host conglomerate. Will you make the Corporate Arch Demoness proud or succumb to bitter tears of failure?
- Highly kinematic tactical gameplay using varied weapons such as the flechette shotgun, silenced 10mm pistol, radiation emitter, dart gun, corrosive gas launcher and more.
- No handholding!
- All of the missions have multiple viable approaches and routes. Plan out your equipment loadout to gain a tactical advantage. Choose between non-lethal and lethal options. Throw toilet bowls at enemies.
- Fight and sneak through offices, suburbs, police stations and secret compounds. Find and unlock hidden equipment and levels.
- Open objective based gameplay, in each mission your goal is to kill or destroy your targets before heading for the exit.
- Revisit earlier missions and try to beat your best time. Can you S-rank all of the missions?
- Enemies including private security, cops, psycho freaks, flower hybrids, swamp cultists and mutant dogs.
- Talk to NPCs and figure out the mysteries of the world.
- Advanced death mechanics.
- Stock and organ market simulation.
- Punishment mode.