Remember Cube World, the cute open world action RPG that took the gaming community by storm back in 2013? Well, after six years of mostly silent development the game is finally ready for public consumption, with creators Picroma scheduling a September 30th release date.
Fans who bought the game during the limited window for Alpha purchases six years ago will be able to play a Beta version starting today, so if you are one of these first believers in Sarah and Wolfram von Funck’s work, then you should take a look at your Picroma account, because there’s a Steam key screaming for attention there.
Here’s the game’s description according to its Steam page:
- Choose between four different classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Rogue.
- Action-based combat with dodging, aiming, combos, special skills and more.
- Explore a nearly infinite, procedurally generated fantasy world.
- Plan your next adventure with the 3D voxel world map. Scroll and zoom everywhere to find your next destination!
- Craft weapons, armor, potions, elixirs and food and more from ingredients found throughout the world.
- Tame pets that fight along your side and can be used as mounts.
- Non-linear, open world gameplay. Solve quests, help residents, fight huge monsters, explore ancient dungeons! It’s all up to you!
- Discover procedurally generated lore and learn about ancient civilizations and magic artifacts.
- Retrieve unique magic artifacts to level up and improve your skills.
- Earn gold to buy items or to book an eagle flight to new lands.
- Cube World’s unique per-land progression system makes finding loot, solving quests and clearing dungeons rewarding and exciting over and over again.
- Use your hang glider to take to the skies or explore the oceans with your boat.
- Find magic items to enter secret areas and to support you on your journey.
- Play solo singleplayer or join your friends in coop-online-multiplayer.