Space game fans have yet another reason to be happy today, as French studio Novaquark has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for its ambitious single shard Massively Multiplayer Online space sandbox Dual Universe.
The campaign’s goal has been set at €500,000, a number that seems easily reachable for a project like this one, considering that the development team has already shown plenty of footage. The minimum pledge tier for a copy of the game is a measly €12, though gamers interested in checking out the Alpha build should think about the considerably more expensive €100 Gold Founder Pack.
Dual Universe Gameplay Features
- Boundless Massively Multiplayer Game: potentially millions of players can share the same universe at the same time. One world, no boundaries, no zones, no instances.
- Rich emergent gameplay mechanisms enable players to create their own societies.
- Fully editable world: dig, deploy, craft, create and shape almost everything.
- Giant player-made ships and constructions can be inhabited and host large crews.
- Immersive first person view in a futuristic sci-fi universe.
- Realistic in-game economy (based on market orders and financial tools).
- Scriptable constructions (ships, buildings, etc.) using LUA: players can build their own piloting, AI or factory automation.
- Continuous Single-Shard Cluster: the technology behind the “Boundless” MMO approach.
- Procedurally generated planets, revealed as players explore further and further.
- 25cm precision voxel technology to modify the environment or construct buildings/ships
- Unlimited LOD (Level of Detail) technology allows planet-sized construction to be built
- 64bit Planetary Engine: Smooth transitions from planet surfaces, through atmosphere and into space with no limits to how far the player can travel or see.