Iron Tower Studio announced today that the recently revealed tactical RPG Dungeon Rats will be out on Steam, GOG and GamersGate on November 4. This new title from the developers of The Age of Decadence is a turn based, party based dungeon crawler set in the same universe as their previous game, but focused almost entirely on tactical combat.
Starting out as a new prisoner at the bottom of the gangs-ruled prison hierarchy, and of the prison itself, you must fight to survive and develop your combat skills, acquiring better weapons and equipment as you go. Recruit allies to your struggle or carry on as a lone wolf, and kill anyone foolish enough to stand in your way.
- Tactical combat system, including standard attacks, aimed attacks targeting specific body parts, and per-weapon special attacks such as Whirlwind and Impale.
- Detailed crafting and alchemy systems: forge your own weapons, brew potions and poisons, experiment with Liquid Fire and Black Powder.
- 8 weapon types: Daggers, Swords, Axes, Hammers, Spears, Bows, Crossbows, and Throwing Weapons, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Fully customizable main character, as well as 10 possible companions, not all of them human (maximum party size is 4).
- 50 challenging fights and 4 different endings
Notable changes from The Age of Decadence:
- Party-based – the most frequently requested feature.
- Flanking and other strategic bonuses. Positioning matters a lot.
- Manual placement of your characters before a fight.
- Charisma determines the number and quality of your party members.
- Skill points are split between the party members: more people means fewer skills points per person and slower level ups.
- New weapons, armor, and creatures.
- 3 difficulty levels: Nice Guy, Tough Bastard, Murderous Psychopath