Midgar Studio revealed today that their JRPG Edge of Eternity will get a full release for PC on June 8th. The game has been in Early Access for two years, and this launch update will add more than 20 hours of new gameplay, as well as finishing the story. RPG fans who wish to pick Edge of Eternity up for a discounted price can do so from today until April 13th, as the developers are running a celebratory 33% off sale.
Console versions are also planned, but they will be released later this year (Q4).
The world of Heryon is torn apart. Years ago, the arrival of a mysterious alien force ultimately plunged the planet into an endless cataclysmic war where both magic and technology were unleashed to their worst and darkest extremes.
Now an even greater threat has emerged : in a despicable act of war, the invaders released the Corrosion, a fatal disease turning living forms of all kinds into misshapen abominations.
In these desperate times, a young soldier will have to face his destiny and embark on an epic journey that will change the fate of Heryon forever…
- An enthralling story filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments
- A gorgeous fantasy world to explore
- Epic battles with a unique and strategic turn-based combat system
- Charismatic and unforgettable characters
- Stunning soundtrack featuring Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles)
- An advanced crafting system
- A fearless yet adorable beast to befriend