Enderal, an incredibly ambitious The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim total conversion that got a German release back in July, has been launched with full English support today.
You can download the modification here, and I’ve embedded the launch trailer below.
Overview (from the authors’ site)
Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Enderal is free and can be played by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. (No DLCs are necessary.) It is developed non-commercially by SureAI, the team behind the renowned Oblivion mod “Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge” (and various other projects).
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)
- An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents
- German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations
- Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes
- 30 to 100 hours of expected playtime
Enderal‘s development team is SureAI, the same outfit that released the highly acclaimed Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.