Shiro Games, creators of the acclaimed Evoland series, are now raiding the Steam Early Access charts with Northgard, a real time strategy title inspired by Viking mythology. The developers say that gamers should expect a mix of exploration, settlement building and combat, and they cite the Civilization series as one of their biggest inspirations for the project.
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard.
The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Play against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities