Gamers looking forward to playing Gears of War 4 will be able to preload the game’s PC version from the Windows Store later today.
— Gears of War (@GearsofWar) September 29, 2016
The game’s development team recommends that players download the latest Windows 10 update (September 29, 2016 – KB3194496) BEFORE starting the preload, as it fixes a bug that could cause the download to restart.
If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Hit the Windows Key + R
- Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
- Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
- The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.
If your Windows 10 Version and OS Build numbers do not match the above, follow these steps to download the latest version:
- Open your Settings app
- Select Windows Update
- Click “Check for Updates”
- Install the available Windows Update
- Restart your PC
Step 2: Pre-Load the game
- Open the Windows Store app
- Search for Gears of War 4
- Select the edition of the game you have pre-ordered, or pre-order your edition of choice
- Click Install to begin your download
The preload should take up 80gb of space, so make sure you have enough room in your hard drive to avoid running into any unexpected issues.