Warhammer: Chaosbane is almost here, so developers Eko Software have just released a story trailer to get players up to speed in the lore of their upcoming action RPG.
As expected from a Warhammer trailer, the Old Gods and Chaos feature prominently. If you were expecting a very enthusiastic narrator and heart-pumping music, you won’t be disappointed either.
In a world ravaged by war and dominated by magic, you are the last hope for the Empire of Man against the Chaos hordes. Playing solo or with up to 4 in local or online co-op, choose a hero from 4 character classes with unique and complementary skills, and prepare for epic battles wielding some of the most powerful artefacts of the Old World.
• THE FIRST HACK AND SLASH set in the Warhammer Fantasy world, told through an all-new story written by Mike Lee (a Black Library author) and featuring a soundtrack composed by Chance Thomas.
• FEROCIOUS BATTLES: from the sewers of Nuln to the ruined streets of Praag, fight your way through monster hordes using over 180 different powers. Activate your bloodlust, a devastating skill, to escape the most perilous situations.
• 4 CHARACTER CLASSES, each with unique skills and customisation: a soldier of the Empire who can take heavy damage, a Dwarf specialising in melee combat, a High Elf who deals ranged damage by manipulating magic or a Wood Elf who lays deadly traps and wields the bow like no other!
• AN XXL BESTIARY with over 70 monsters aligned with the Chaos Gods and unique bosses. Battle Nurgle’s minions, Khorne’s spawn and waves of other vile creatures!
• OPTIMIZED FOR CO-OP: solo or with up to 4 players, local or online, the class synergy and interface have been designed for co-op. Combine different skills and powers to create even more devastating effects.
• HIGH REPLAY VALUE: Story mode, a boss rush mode, countless dungeons and regular updates offer a rich and varied gaming experience. And with 10 difficulty levels, you can find the right challenge to test your abilities.
Warhammer: Chaosbane will be out on June 4, 2019 for Standard Edition owners, while fans who own either the Digital Deluxe or Magnus Edition will be able to play early, starting on May 31st.
I had a great time with the game’s closed Beta builds, so I’ll be eagerly awaiting my turn to bash Chaos minions’ heads later this month.