Throwback Entertainment released a spruced up version of the 2003 classic Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance on the Windows Store earlier today. The game costs US$ 5.99 and it’s Throwback’s first release from the extensive library of titles that they acquired from Acclaim a few years ago.
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance is set in ancient Rome, where the only justice comes in the form of cold sharp steel. Players step into the armor of Thrax, the deadliest gladiator of his time, and quickly learn to master an array of deadly combo attacks and bloody finishing moves in a quest to return Rome to its former glory.
- An advanced combat system that allows a huge variety of gladiatorial moves and multiple opponent targeting;
- “Death Blows” – more than 60 gory killing moves based on authentic historical data
- A huge variety of opponents, including powerful gladiators and terrifying mythical monsters
- Scripted cameras and dynamic lighting, creating a truly cinematic gaming experience
- Amplified elements in combat mode, feature decapitation, fatal wounding, dismemberment and a dynamic “blood spray” system
- A diverse array of gladiatorial weaponry that expands through gameplay
- External controller support for a more immersive experience
Gamers interested in purchasing Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance on other digital storefronts (such as Steam) will be happy to hear that a company spokesperson confirmed that the action game will not be a Windows Store exclusive.
We are always looking to bring our games to more and more people around the world. Gladiator is by no means an exclusive to the Windows Store, so we are absolutely going to be bringing Gladiator to other digital storefronts.