Massive Damage Inc. announced today that Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander will get an enhanced re-release on August 10th, free for previous owners of the strategy RPG title.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition combines the patches released since launch with a number of highly requested improvements that will make prospective starbase commanders’ lives easier, such as a streamlined campaign and a new difficulty mode.
Lightspeed Edition Features:
- Streamlined Campaign greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
- Streamlined All Systems for faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
- New Officer Progression System with 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
- New Ship Loadout and Config screen will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
- New Difficulty Mode called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Enhanced Combat includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
- New UI Overhaul designed for greater readability and usability. Many quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.