The level editing tools are part of the first Beta release of the Alyx Workshop tools suite, which includes the following:
- Hammer, the latest version of the Source 2 level editor.
- Material Editor, the tool for creating and tuning materials in Source 2.
- ModelDoc, a tool for viewing, editing, and compiling models with animation, collision, and other gameplay attributes.
- AnimGraph, our animation tool used to create complicated animation setups with blends and transitions.
- Particle Editor, for making new particle effects.
- Subrect Editor, for creating smart texture sheets known as “hotspots.”
- Source Filmmaker, the Source 2 cinematic renderer and animation tool.
Valve has also included sample maps that can be used to learn about new features and practice. If that wasn’t enough, the full assortment of levels featured in the campaign can also be edited.