Stompy Bot Productions announced today that Heavy Gear Assault will bring mech combat to Steam Early Access on December 15th. Powered by Epic‘s Unreal Engine 4, Heavy Gear Assault is a revival of the acclaimed mech simulation franchise which hasn’t seen a release since 1999’s Heavy Gear II. Publishers Stompy Bot Productions and development house MekTek Studios tried to fund the game with a Kickstarter campaign, but were forced to cancel it back in 2013, as they saw that it wouldn’t reach its goal. Luckily for us mech combat fans, they did not surrender, and have been working on the game for more than three years.
About Heavy Gear Assault
Gears, Guts, Glory – Heavy Gear ® Assault puts your play style to the test in various Gear platforms including sniper, brawler, electronics, and recon. You are a pilot on the distant planet of Terra Nova, pushing the boundaries of your personal war machine, in an all-out corporate sponsored warfare, seeking fame and glory while destroying your opponent. Enjoy unparalleled customization, beautiful environments, innovative e-sports integration, and a dynamic combat system.
Heavy Gear ® Assault’s development will continue to follow a modular release strategy while in Early Access on Steam. Additional features and content will be released regularly throughout the first half of 2017.
Heavy Gear Assault Key Features:
• Dynamic Combat – Rip apart the arena with fully destructible Gears. Blow an opponent’s limb off and use their weapon against them.
• Fully Customizable Gears – Come check out the Gear Bay Module allowing you to select your favorite pilot and fully customize your arsenal, armor and paint.
• Made in Unreal Engine 4 – Battle for dominance in photo-realistically beautiful arenas. Enjoy performance that scales to high and low-spec PCs.
• Built For eSports – Compete in tournaments and organized matches for fame and fortune.
• Community Dedication – Host your own dedicated servers and collect stats for your own private tournament. Take the power in your hands and join or create your own Heavy Gear Assault team.