Gamers interested in Funcom‘s upcoming multiplayer scare ’em up Hide and Shriek will be happy to learn that the title can be preordered on Steam for just US$ 4.79.
Developed by Funcom, creators of the acclaimed MMO The Secret World among other high profile titles, Hide and Shriek is a one versus one multiplayer game in which players must collect points and scare their opponent through the use of jump scares, traps and different spells. Interestingly, both players are invisible, and the only way to reveal their foe’s location is through careful observation or ingenious tricks, as the ghostly characters can interact with the world, and any action taken will leave a mark, such as a door opening, or an object flying through the air.
List of features:
- Play with friends or strangers in ten-minute one vs. one multiplayer matches!
- You are both invisible! You will need all your cunning to spot your opponent: look for doors opening, objects flying in midair, or traps being sprung!
- Over thirty different spells to discover, each with their own impish effect: blind your opponent, booby-trap doors, unleash a demon upon them, and much more!
- Shriek at your opponent to scare them! Use scary masks of famous characters like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, or use skulls and zombie heads that can be modified with accessories like gooey eyeballs, bloody hatchets, and much more!
- Dominate the leaderboards or get scared trying!
Hide and Shriek will be out on Steam next week, October 25th.