Great news for Way of the Samurai fans! Spike Chunsoft revealed today that KATANA KAMI: A Way of the Samurai Story will hit PC on February 20th. Anyone who buys the game during its first week on sale will be rewarded with a 10% off discount on the game’s US$29.99 base price, plus two free DLC (Five Famous Swords and Wanderer Set).
The Way of the Samurai is forged in battle!
Play as a ronin during Japan’s Meiji Restoration in the volatile Rokkotsu Pass. The swordsmith Dojima falls into debt and his beautiful daughter is taken as collateral. Help repay the debt by crafting swords by day and exploring the mysterious, twisting dungeons of the Ipponmatsu Cave for valuable materials at night.
- Hone Your Skills – Over 100 different weapons and 9 fighting styles means you can fight any way you please!
- Mysterious Dungeons – An isometric hack and slash with randomly-generated dungeons to explore in a historical Japanese setting.
- Two Swords are Better Than One – Explore dungeons with others
- Balance of Power – Ally, betray, or maintain neutrality in dealing with the town’s three factions. The fate of Rokkotsu Pass is balanced by the tip of a blade!
- Familiar Faces – Featuring fan favorite characters from the Way of the Samurai series!
We already got a taste of the main Way of the Samurai series a few years ago when Way of the Samurai 3 and 4 made their way to Steam, though sadly the first two games are still stuck in console land. Hopefully this action RPG spin-off will be able to renew interest in the franchise, so that Acquire might think about more PC ports. Heaven knows I’d buy them!