Velan Studios revealed today that Knockout City will launch with a 10-day long free trial named Block Party (and providing full access to all the game has to offer). This generous trial will be available for PC (Origin, Steam and EGS) and consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) on May 21st, and will last until May 30th.
After Rocket Arena‘s quick death (prompted by its high cost of entry, as well as a lack of marketing) I’m quite happy to see that EA is willing to let people check out this interesting multiplayer offering for free before they decide to make a purchase. Not all games work well on a F2P model, so a free trial is the next best thing for Knockout City in my mind.
Players who enjoy the trial will have the option to purchase the full game for US$19.99 and keep playing after the Block Party event is over. EA Play members will get to save those twenty dollars though, since the game is included with the subscription (and if you are a Game Pass for PC subscriber, you also have access to EA Play, so you will also get to save those 20 bucks). If that wasn’t enough, there’s also a free Block Party bundle which includes cosmetics and in-game currency (though anyone wishing to get their hands on it should set a reminder to do so before the event ends, as the bundle will be gone after May 30th).
Block Party Bundle contents:
- Epic Outfit: Cyber Spike
- Epic Hairstyle: Locked Horns
- Epic Glasses: LED the Way
- Epic Glider: Mach 1
- Epic Intro Pose: Calling In Reinforcements
- Epic KO Effect: By the Horns
- THREE Player Icons: Bomb Ball, Pixel-Dillo, and Noodles Gone Bad
- 500 Holobux!
(The rewards from the Block Party Bundle stack with the Deluxe Edition content)
Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City™, where you settle the score with EPIC DODGEBALL BATTLES. Brace yourself for outrageous fun and intense competition in an all-new take on team-based multiplayer games.
Customize your character and form a Crew with friends to start your Knockout City takeover. Knock out opponents with trick shots and coordinated teamwork while dodging and catching balls flying across the map. No ball? No problem! You can literally ball up, roll into a teammate’s hands, and become the ultimate weapon!
A variety of outlandish ball types, locations, and game modes keep it exciting. Plus, each season introduces new maps, ball types, rewards, events, and challenges! Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!
- Frantic and Fun — Rule the city through lightning-fast multiplayer matches featuring mind-blowing dodgeball mechanics. Increase your attack by passing to power up dodgeballs, targeting your opponents with a variety of specialized balls, or “balling up” at any time to get thrown by teammates!
- Crew Up —Assemble an All-Star dodgeball Crew with your friends for multiplayer matches in a seamless cross-play experience! Together, knock out opponents in 3v3, 4v4, or free-for-all matches. Pass, throw, and strategize as a team to dominate and unlock distinctive, Crew-only rewards!
- Define Your Style —Show off your status and unique look through character and Crew designs with expansive character creation options. Customize your appearance, gear, and attitude, from body type and hairstyle to a custom glider and Crew vehicle to win, lose, and taunt animations.
- Take On Knockout City — Battle it out with other Crews across dynamic maps all over the city. Each map’s special features make every match an intense, unexpected experience. Dodgeball thrives in back alleys with pneumatic tubes, on skyscraper rooftops, across busy streets—and even at the local burger joint and construction sites. While you’re dodging dodgeballs, watch out for moving cars, rooftop drops, and even a wrecking ball or two.
- Strikingly Fresh Yet Familiar — It’s easy to pick up and play thanks to familiar controls, but practice is key to becoming a champion. On a level playing field, only the most skilled ballers stand out from the crowd. Use your knowledge to master the intricacies of the game for spectacular KOs.