Square Enix revealed this week that Deck Nine Games is working on the next entry in the Life is Strange universe, titled True Colors and set for launch on September 10th as a non-episodic release.
As Alex Chen (who’s played by Erika Mori), players will explore the small town of Haven Springs in search of the truth behind her brother’s death. On Alex’s side is the Empathy power, which lets her feel and manipulate other people’s emotions. Once suppressed as a curse, this power will now become Alex’s most important ally in her search for the truth, provided she can control it.
The publisher also showcased the Life is Strange Remastered Collection, an enhanced edition of the original Life is Strange and Before the Storm, featuring enhanced graphics and animations, and running on Unreal Engine. Players can expect this collection to be released in Fall 2021. Currently there’s no way of buying it without also purchasing Life is Strange: True Colors, but I assume that will change.
Return to Arcadia Bay and experience two award-winning Life is Strange games like never before! Remastered visuals and animation breathe new life into the great cast of characters and gripping stories.
The Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes ‘Life is Strange Remastered’ and ‘Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered’.
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles
- Engine and lighting upgrades
- Includes previously released Deluxe Content: Chloe Outfits & ‘Farewell’ Bonus Episode
- Choice and consequence driven stories with multiple endings
- Harness the power of Max’s rewind ability or Chloe’s quick-witted attitude to change the course of events
- Distinct licensed soundtrack & original scores