Marvel Entertainment announced today that the highly anticipated next installment in the acclaimed Marvel vs Capcom crossover fighting game franchise will be coming to Steam next year.
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) December 3, 2016
The new game will be shown today during the Capcom Cup.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.
In addition to single player Arcade, Training, and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will be available worldwide in late 2017.