PQube and Kadokawa Games revealed today that they are working on Metal Max Xeno: Reborn, a post-apocalyptic open world vehicle combat JRPG scheduled for release sometime in 2022 for PC and consoles.
To my shame, I’ve never played any of the Metal Max games, and apparently this new title is a rework of Metal Max Xeno, a 2018 PlayStation 4/Vita title. Hopefully it will be a good port, as the idea interests me quite a bit.
- Post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland
- Open world JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements
- Traverse the wasteland in tanks or disembark on foot with allies
- Scavenge for parts to customise, upgrade and modify your tanks with endless combinations
- Based on Metal Max Xeno (2018) and latest game in the classic Japanese series, ‘Metal Max’
- Fully redeveloped with brand new visual enhancements, battle mechanics, skills and modification system
- Team up with beloved battle dog, Pochi, as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, Steam, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility in 2022