As we anticipated last month, the developers of Antraxx, an interesting isometric MMO mech shooter which has been in the works for more than five years, have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund further development.
Antraxx is a massively multiplayer mech shooter with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and replayability with completely customizable mechs and zones. Boasting multiple game modes and in-depth faction politics and economy systems, allowing you to play the game how you wish.
The goal is to create a next-generation isometric game with a completely 3D engine rendering hand-drawn pixel art with dynamic lighting, shadows, positional audio and a refined control scheme. You are also able to create your own zones to share and battle in, providing near limitless sandbox gameplay.
- Crisp, high-quality pixel art
- Play in browser or download
- Massively multiplayer
- Customize and outfit your own giant mech
- Create your own faction or join another
- Acquire land and build your own zone
- Annihilate your opponents or make peace
- Player driven world economy and politics
- Team-based, free for all and co-op game modes
Gamers interested in trying out the game before pledging their support to the Kickstarter project can head over to this website. Please keep in mind that the current demo only works on Google Chrome. The developers intend to release Antraxx on both web platforms and Steam (and they are currently seeking for votes on Greenlight)