Electronic Arts have just unveiled Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, due for release on November 6th for PC and current generation consoles (with the exception of the Nintendo Switch, which will get the game on November 13th).
Just for clarity’s sake, this is not a remaster of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, but rather a reworked edition of the 2010 Hot Pursuit title (which was extremely fun in multiplayer, from my own experience with it).
Fans who wish to preorder the game ahead of its release next month can do so already for US$29.99. EA Play subscribers save 10% off from that price, as usual.
Here’s some screenshots from the remaster, courtesy of EA:
Feel the thrill of the chase and the rush of escape in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered on PC. Unleash a savage sense of speed both as an outlaw and a cop in the world’s hottest high-performance cars. Outsmart the heat or take down lawbreakers with the tactical weaponry at your disposal in a heart-pumping, socially competitive racing experience. Updated with enhanced visuals, cross-platform multiplayer — including the asynchronous competition powered by Autolog — plus all additional DLC content, this is the ultimate edition of Criterion Games’ critically acclaimed Need for Speed debut. It’s time to reignite the pursuit.
- Cross-platform Multiplayer and Autolog — Bolt down the winding Seacrest County roads headfirst in racing that is socially competitive at its core. The groundbreaking Autolog connects you and your friends in head-to-head pursuits and races and instinctively delivers challenges based on your friends’ activities. This highly dynamic system is fueled by friendly competition and is now supported with cross-platform sync and new multiplayer gameplay so you can race each other no matter what platform you’re on.
- All DLC Included, Plus More Updates — Get all the additional DLC content delivered at launch, including an extra 6 hours of gameplay and more than 30 challenges. Brand new achievements, wraps, car colors, reduced hard stops, an updated photo mode and gallery, and multiple quality-of-life updates create an even more well-rounded gameplay experience this time around.
- Exotic Cars with Weapons — Drive the world’s most desirable supercars on both sides of the law. Bust suspects in supercharged cop interceptors enhanced with tactical weaponry, or level the playing field with counterattacks and defensive maneuvers as an elite racer. Strategize to gain an edge over the competition, no matter what side you’re on!
- Chase and Escape — A deep and fully defined single-player career delivers the action of both cops and racers, with a seamlessly linked multiplayer experience across all race modes. Take on friends or play through the career solo to earn Bounty and unlock new cars, weapons, and equipment.
- Enhanced Visuals – Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered delivers a timeless racing experience updated for today’s generation of hardware with enhanced visuals.