Remember when New Blood Interactive wowed us with DUSK‘s reveal trailer? Time to be amazed again, as the indie publisher has just announced that they are partnering with developers Indefatigable to bring a Heretic inspired medieval fantasy retro FPS titled Amid Evil to life, and it looks downright incredible. As Freddie Mercury would sing, I want it all, and I want it now!
Fast paced gameplay? Check. Cool looking weapons and environments? Check. Beautiful retro-inspired art style? Check. Hordes of enemies to vanquish? You betcha!
Amid Evil will get a big gameplay reveal during Arcade Open Day in PAX Australia (convention lasts from October 27-29). Lucky fans who happen to be at PAX Aus will be able to play Amid Evil if they drop by the PAX Rising booth.
- SEVEN distinct episodes each featuring a completely different setting and enemies
- LUDICROUS magical weaponry that can be overcharged with the souls of the dead
- BRUTAL and adaptive enemy AI that will hunt you down on land, sea and air
- SPRAWLING non-linear levels filled with secrets and ancient lore
- MULTITUDES of in-game options and cheat codes for a truly golden PC age experience
- EPIC original & dynamic soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult
- BUILT in Unreal Engine 4 for cutting edge visuals (even if they are a bit retro)
- OPTIMIZED to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)
Amid Evil should be out in 2018.