If you enjoy fast paced first person shooters, then chances are you’ve heard of Nightmare Reaper, a retro horror FPS that has been in Early Access since July 2019. If you haven’t, that’s OK, it’s a fast paced murderfest full of powerful weapons and hordes of enemies to dismember. It’s also currently missing two of its chapters (hence the Early Access tag), but that will soon change, as the developer has just revealed that the game’s second chapter will be released on October 31st, just in time for Halloween.
Here’s a trailer so you know what to expect, should you decide to pick the game up.
Nightmare Reaper is a dark and violent meld of retro and modern action games, mainly inspired by the classic 2.5D first person shooters of the 90s like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Rise of the Triad and Wolfenstein 3D.
- Over 80 satisfying and balanced weapons (32 in EA)
- Open-ended levels filled with surprises
- Find gold, powerups and enchanted weapons with different stats
- Purchase character upgrades and customize your abilities via a minigame
- Wage war through three varied game-sized episodes
- Soundtrack by the great Andrew Hulshult
- Non-intrusive, but mysterious story
- Fight hordes of enemies at the same time
- A focus on satisfying combat that’ll make you addicted