Iron Tides, a promising turn-based tactical roguelike which puts the player in command of a Viking raiding ship, forcing them to make tough decisions at every turn, is now entering the final stretch of its Kickstarter campaign. With just over a week to go, the campaign is less than 40% away from its goal of CAD 19,000 (US$ 14,190) and the game has already been Greenlit on Steam.
Gamers interested in the project can download a playable demo from the Kickstarter page. The minimum pledge amount required to secure a copy of the game is a measly CAD 12 (US$ 8.97) and the developers are aiming for a May 2017 release window.
Iron Tides is a rogue-like tactical-survival game. Charge forward with your crew to victory through tactical turn-based strategy. Conquer enemies as you set forth on daring voyages. Return home to rally men, as others whisper of your tales at sea. Are you ruthless enough to kill off a crewmember to save food resources? Will you discover treasures from forgotten lands? What will you be remembered for when you ascend to the halls of Valhalla?
Iron Tides will feature:
- A world without end: procedurally generated oceans full of dangers and riches
- Viking colonies: discover lost viking colonies to replenish your stocks, sell what you don’t need, and recruit fresh warriors
- A place to call home: Return to Norhaven to celebrate your victories, purchase new wares and plan your next raid
- Unique vikings: no two vikings are exactly alike as their skills are drawn from a pool of possible abilities and their upgrade path is procedurally generated
- Permanent death for your crew: your lost warriors will not come back and help on the next raid
“Iron Tides is a project born from the hearts of warriors. We aspire to bring you into the life of a chieftain. With your help, we’re close to achieving that goal. Pledge your support and become one of the warband!”
—Carina Kom, Cofounder and lead designer