Point Blank Games announced today that their promising turn-based sci-fi title Shock Tactics will be released during the first quarter of 2017. The game looks set to be X-COM fans’ new past time, as it combines fast paced tactical turn-based combat with exploration, squad management and base building.
Players lead a team of mercenaries as trailblazers for the first wave of Free Space Pioneers exploring a newly discovered alien planet. While searching the hostile world for alien technology you lead your team into tactical combat against pirates, alien creatures, and the troops of the Imperial Consortium. Set up outposts and dig sites to exploit the secrets that this new world holds in order to stand against the incoming invasion. Resources are available for the taking but everything will come at a price.
- Aggressive Tactics: Always drop right into the action and bring the fight to the enemy before he can reinforce his positions. Play fast tactical assaults on time sensitive objectives and stay in full control.
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts to upgrade your base, built new weapons and armor and train your soldiers with different abilities to fit your playstyle.
- Full Control: Action Points allow you to move your soldiers with full control and the interrupt system enables long sprints that are stopped when new enemies are spotted, so you can assess the situation and spend your remaining Action Points accordingly.
- Hostile Planet: The procedurally generated world map leads to different strategic situations in each game session. Fight in three different environments of Hephæst to claim the alien artifacts.
- Fate of Hephæst: Experience a story revealing the secrets of the planet while the great factions steer towards a final battle deciding their fate in the galaxy.