Starbreeze announced today that their upcoming cooperative FPS Raid: World War II will be released on September 26th for PC and October 10th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Monty Python fans will probably be thrilled to learn that John Cleese has been working with developers Lion Game Lion to bring one of the cooperative shooter’s characters to life.
Gamers will have to work together in order to take down the Nazi war machine, as the action in Raid: World War II is set during a time when the Third Reich was tearing through Europe with no obvious weaknesses. We’ll play as one of four unique character classes, and our mission parameters include sabotage, assassination and stealing/destroying anything that bears a Swastika.
Developers Lion Game Lion (headed by Ilija Petrusic, Co-founder of OVERKILL Software and lead level designer of PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2) have partnered up with Starbreeze Publishing to bring an exciting cooperative experience to gamers all around the world.
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles.
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team.
- Character Customisation – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theatre of WWII: Great Britain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customisable uniform.
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimental weapons that went “bang” in lethal fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes.
- Operations Mode – RAID: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favorite missions by undertaking the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives.
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater.
- Real-World Locations – The game’s setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bring destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.