Kim, an open world RPG inspired by Rudyard Kipling’s 1901 novel, has just been fully released after being on Steam Early Access for seven months. Developed by The Secret Games Company, Kim was successfully Kickstarted last year, and early Steam reviews have been very positive, praising the game’s writing and atmosphere.
Kim is an open world RPG set in colonial India. Play as Rudyard Kipling’s ragamuffin hero, Kim, and roam hand-painted towns and procedurally generated countryside. Learn to survive by fair means or foul, meet characters from history and literature, travel to exotic lands and discover their secrets. Your aim is to live Kim’s youth as best you can, it will not last forever but if at first you don’t succeed, you may retell this classic adventure as often as you wish.
- History: 1880s India brought to life in an ever-changing open world
- Literature: Rudyard Kipling’s dialogue in ‘choose your own adventure’ conversations
- Survival: Manage Kim’s health and happiness by collecting food and items
- Action: Simple but satisfying stealth and combat in pause-able real time
- Music: Original soundtrack from acclaimed composer Murugan Thiruchelvam
Gamers interested in the title can take advantage of a 10% off launch discount which lasts until October 31, 2016.