After making waves on Android and iOS last year, Kestrel Games‘ whimsical pirate fishing adventure Rule with an Iron Fish will drop anchor on Steam later today. Gamers looking for a new favorite pastime will have to spend US$ 8.49 from now until August 31st (the 15% off launch offer will end on that date, bringing the price up to US$ 9.99), a fair amount of coin for this kind of casual title.
The developers have added full keyboard and mouse support (tablet users can still play with a touchscreen/pen if they wish to do so), Steamworks functionality (cloud saving and Achievements) and a wealth of new content exclusive to the PC version of the acclaimed fishing adventure.
I’ve had some time with the game before release, and I’m happy to report that the PC conversion went mostly without a hitch, and that Rule with an Iron Fish‘s Harvest Moon-meets-fast paced arcade fishing sim gameplay is as engaging on a computer screen as it was on smartphone.
- Relaxing, addictive fishing gameplay
- 6 gorgeous, otherworldly fishing environments
- Catch 108 hand-painted, scientifically-inaccurate fish
- Throw rotten fish at your rivals!
- Unlock town features like an aquarium, farm, restaurant and hacker cave!
- Decorate your house with unsettling trophies
- Collect pirate pets, most of which have eyepatches or other classy dysfunctions.