PeopleGottaPlay, an independent Russian developer working on Unreal Engine 4 projects, has announced that their non violent sci-fi drone racing simulator Thick Air will get an Early Access release in September.
The developer also released some screenshots and a gameplay video for your enjoyment.
From their F.A.Q.
Only machines left behind, simulating the life they once knew, built for one purpose – RACE. PeopleGottaPlay are happy to present THICK AIR – non-violent sci-fi drone racing sim inspired by the glorious automobile era of late XX century.
- You get to race on your own, with a friend or in a pack! Single race, single career, head-to-head splitscreen duel, or online multiplayer!
- Physics-driven flight model, no BS! Get a gamepad handy.
- Brutal AI!
- Various race modes – circuit, sprint, duel, stunt, sudden death, time trial etc.
- Deserts, canyons, tunnels, cities – various environments for your enjoyment!
- Headbanging sountrack!
- VR support (completely optional) – both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift have been tested to work perfectly.
What we have planned
- Visual customization – skins, decals, vinyls AND parts
- Drone performance tuning
- Drone damage
- Free roam mode
- Community features
- HOTAS support
PeopleGottaPlay on the web: