WayForward‘s successfully Kickstarted action platformer Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will be out on Steam today, after being in development for three years. The fourth game in the Shantae franchise, Half-Genie Hero will also be the first one to be developed from the ground up as a full HD game, something that can certainly explain the long development time. We expect that the digital Steam release will cost US$ 19.99.
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis – the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
• Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance to transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover in all!
• New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae and her many forms!
• Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
• When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
• Huge Bosses, humorous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast return, now in fully animated HD!