The Sniper Ghost Warrior series has evolved from modern times low budget Sniper Elite alternative to something very similar to Hitman, and I couldn’t be happier with it. Don’t believe me? CI Games has just released an in-depth gameplay trailer for Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 so you can see the change with your own eyes (and if you like what you see, you might want to check out the first Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts, as it’s a highly enjoyable sniping experience).
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 will hit PC and consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) on June 4th. Preorders are already live, and you can snag the game for US$39.99 or your regional equivalent, and will be rewarded with three exclusive in-game weapons and two weapon skins.
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 marks the most challenging entry to the acclaimed series yet, introducing extreme long-range sniping with targets over 1000m away. Featuring a dramatic single-player campaign set in modern day Middle East, experience high-pressure tactical combat, deep inside enemy territory.
Take on the role of Raven, Contract Sniper Assassin, as he embarks on a new series of contracts in a lawless region of the Middle East, located along the Lebanese and Syrian borders. Tasked with a seemingly impossible task, your mission is to topple an insidious criminal syndicate and bring them to justice.
- Eliminate a wide array of targets, using a mixture of close-quarter combat, and extreme long-range sniping as a contract assassin
- Employ tactical decisions and stealth techniques to overcome a variety of challenges across the dramatic single-player campaign
- Explore 5 distinct, extensive maps set in the Middle East conflict zone
- Execute 21 new contracts, in addition to completing a range of side operations
- Master an expert sniping experience, featuring a wide selection of realistic weapons and equipment
- Revisit each contract with a different approach to complete all objectives and collect maximum rewards
- Experience a new level of fidelity with upgraded visuals and an enhanced game engine