Ironward, developers of the acclaimed squad based strategy title The Red Solstice, have just launched a Fig campaign in order to fund the development of their next game, a sci-fi, tactical twin-stick shooter named Solstice Chronicles: MIA.
The year is 2280 AE. As a lone marine stranded in an infected Martian colony, the Corporation has designated you MIA. Left for dead with an insurgent drone as your only ally, all that stands between you and freedom is a seemingly unstoppable army of mutants.
Solstice Chronicles: MIA features include:
- Tactical, twin-stick shooter including two-player couch co-op.
- Story-based, 18 mission campaign branching from the events of The Red Solstice.
- Survival mode in which you decide when to EVAC, and when to push for bigger rewards.
- Customize skill-trees of four classes – Assault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator.
- Upgradeable weaponry including shotguns, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and more.
- Use your drone’s abilities to aid in combat, manage threat levels, and scavenge supplies.
The developers are asking for a relatively small sum, US$ 30,000 and the rewards available for backers interested in supporting the project include Alpha access, free copies of Ironward‘s previous game (The Red Solstice) special ingame skins, digital artwork and the chance to design a boss that will be featured in Solstice Chronicles: MIA‘s Survival mode.