Developers Hypnotic Owl will launch their turn-based dungeon puzzler The Wizard: WizHarder Edition on Steam Early Access tomorrow.
This new and improved edition comes six years after the launch of the original The Wizard, which was limited by its web-based format, and will now be unleashed in its full glory after the German government granted funding to the Hypnotic Owl team.
The Wizard is back, and it’s better than ever! Enjoy this new and improved edition of the beloved turn-based dungeon puzzler, with its unique spell casting system, expanded levels and story, and the features people have long been asking for!
Step into the robe Kevin, the exceptionally handsome but woefully inattentive wizardry student, whose gorgeous face has just been stolen. Follow the thief through the dangerous dungeons beneath the academy, encounter mythical monsters, and learn powerful magic along the way! You’ll find many an opportunity to hone and upgrade your abilities to your individual play style, but be wary! Without a well-considered plan of action, this goofy little apprentice won’t make it very far…
With a heavy emphasis on strategy, The Wizard challenges its players to plan their moves carefully, upgrade their spells strategically, and use the environment to their advantage to make it through its mazes unscathed. Can you master the arcane arts and get back your valued visage?
- Brain-teasing, turn-based dungeon crawl
- Unique gesture-based spell casting
- Complete graphical and mechanical overhaul (including checkpoints!)
- A remastered and expanded version of its magical soundtrack
- New Roguelike Mode with daily challenges
- A Mario Maker-style level editor to create and share levels
- New levels, spells and enemies
- Extensive customization and accessibility options