As most PC gamers may know, the Steam store is a lot more crowded than it used to be, so it’s hard to find new PC game releases among all the DLC, videos, etc that get published every day.
Here at Gaming on PC we would like to address that fact with weekly articles that will attempt to showcase the titles we consider more interesting on our website.
New game releases for the weekend of 04 August 2016
Little King’s Story – Price: US$ 24.99
Initially released for Wii to rave reviews, this cult classic real-time strategy game juxtaposes cutesy fairytale visuals with some decidedly adult cynicism for a zany, irreverent adventure to build, enhance, and maintain a mystical, magical kingdom. Making its way to PC for the first time, this edition of the game remains faithful to the Wii original, but brings all its charming, sassy fun to a new audience. Can you keep Alpoko safe from the Onii and help our little hero become king of the whole world?
- Play an enhanced HD port of the fan-favorite Wii version of the game, with all the original storybook-style art, content, and gameplay present and accounted for.
- Play in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish, to ensure that most of the Western world can understand your claim over their land (Note: Game also contains Japanese text, but in order for the Japanese text to display properly the Windows OS must be set to Japanese).
- Have your loyal subjects dig for treasure, erect buildings, and break obstacles to access new areas — all in the name of bettering your kingdom.
- Interact with unique NPCs who have individual likes, dislikes, and personal memories which evolve based on their daily experiences.
- Take a variety of quests to help increase your reputation and further the noble name of Alpoko.
- Unite the surrounding rival kingdoms under your flag to become the best monarch in all the land (and ultimately, the one who rules over all the land!).
Be warned, the current Steam user review score for the game is mixed, due to problems with the port.
Road to Ballhalla – Price: US$ 14.99
Move with the music to overcome even the most difficult hazards, like laser beams or insane camera angles trying to explode both your balls and your brain.
Dynamic Music and SFX
The dynamic music by Emmy-nominated composer Nicholas Singer is tailored to the rhythm and style of each level, with sound effects adjusting to the level’s music. Without it, you’d fail even harder.
Not included. Instead, be guided by floor texts that make fun of you when you fail and drop awful puns even if you unexpectedly don’t.
Discover secret areas that lead to other secret areas which in turn lead to other secret areas1. You get the idea, and maybe even the rainbow that awaits you at the end of the treasure. Probably you’ll just google it though.
Replay levels in Rush mode as fast as you can and prove that you are a good person by beating other players’ highscores.
Style your Balls
Be rewarded with awesome bonus contents like tasty new colors2 and trail effects for your balls.
Did you just Twitch?
Enable Twitch integration and let the game mock not only you, but also your audience.
Workshop Integration (coming soon!)
Community levels are probably better anyways – create and share your own challenges with the level editor, available a few weeks after launch.
Frozen State – Price: US$ 11.99
- Rogue-like and normal modes
- Three main characters
- Diverse enemies
- Large open world
- Dynamic weather conditions
- Procedurally generated building interiors, loot and enemies
- Crafting and building
- Basic needs (hunger, thirst, sleep, etc)
- NPCs and Quests
Currently on Early Access.
Space Ribbon – Price: US$ 14.99
Psychedelic Space Racing The year is 2132. In the far reaches of the galaxy, gigantic space creatures have been discovered. Creatures that vomit solid matter out of their mouths. Solid matter that is the perfect substance to drive beat up cars in a race to enter the creature’s mouth. We call it the Space Ribbon.
- Never the same track twice!
- Intelligent track generation combines procedural AI with great track design
- Navigate a twisting, turning, unpredictable racetrack as it appears ahead of you.
- Race your friends with up to 4 Player split-screen.
- 2 classes of car, with 4 in each class, each with different strengths.
- Level up your racer to unlock new and harder race modes including cosmic mode
- Unlock new cars and upgrades to improve engine, grip and slipstreaming
Also part of the Early Access program.
If you feel that we missed an important PC release, post it in the comments section or send us a message through the contact form.