Respawn Entertainment announced today that Titanfall 2 will get a 4 player co-op mode titled Frontier Defense on July 25, 2017.
Fans of the series have been asking for a return of the wave-based cooperative mode featured in the original Titanfall for a long time, so the re-introduction of Frontier Defense shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone familiar with the way Respawn Entertainment operates. The company has also shared a gameplay trailer, along with a detailed list of the things we should expect from this free DLC drop.
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future