United Front Games, known for their open world Hong Kong action adventure, Sleeping Dogs, has just released an announcement trailer for their upcoming game, Smash + Grab.
Smash + Grab is an underground competition where gangs of the future battle it out for loot, power, and infamy inside a corporate urban dystopia.
Assemble your crew and team up with other players to fight, loot, and craft your weaponry to come out on top.
Assemble Your Crew
Build A Gang For Any Situation
- A gang includes a leader, a lieutenant, and 3 soldiers
- Choose from a selection of melee and ranged characters
- Combine your special abilities for deadly strategy
- Level up characters to unlock perks and vanity items
Smash It Up
True Online Competitive Melee Combat
- Fight against and alongside player and AI controlled enemies
- Use strikes, grapples, counters, evades, and brutal finishers
- Kill enemies to take their loot for cash and upgrades
- Your gang fights on its own but can be influenced by the leader
Grab What You Can
A Satirical Take On Consumerism
- Everything you need to win can be found by looting stores and vending machines
- Loot weapons to upgrade your gang
- Craft elemental weapon mods from the ingredients you loot
- First team to get $50,000 wins
The trailer promises an Early Access release date in September of this year and this seems to be the culmination of a Twitter hype campaign started yesterday, which had some gamers excited for the possibility of a Sleeping Dogs 2 reveal.