The highly anticipated Long War mod for Firaxis‘ XCOM 2 is now available on the Steam Workshop. Gamers interested in checking out this complex modification should head over to this link and click “Subscribe”. The Long War total conversion has been developed by Pavonis Interactive with 2K Games and Firaxis Games‘ blessing and support.
Long War 2 is a significant overhaul of XCOM 2 aimed at giving players the feel of running a worldwide guerrilla war against ADVENT and offering them a greater variety of strategic and tactical experiences.
Many of the mod’s new mechanics are described ingame in the XCOM archives. Players are strongly encouraged to read those entries immediately after finishing Gatecrasher.
1) A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
2) Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
3) Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
4) Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
5) Two new weapon tiers, lasers and coilguns
6) Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
7) ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your moves
———— COMPATIBILITY ————-
This is a “total conversion” of XCOM2 and will not work with other total conversions. It does include a new XComGame.upk.
Long War Studios’ / Pavonis Interactive’s mods SMGPack, AlienPack, LeaderPack, Toolbox, PerkPack, and LaserPack are already integrated into this mod (with different settings and functionality) and should NOT be activated when playing campaigns.
Other mods may not necessarily work given the depth of changes.