The highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto V Redux modification has just been released, bringing an incredible amount of graphical improvements and quality of life enhancements to Rockstar Games‘ latest open world action adventure game.
Gamers interested in getting their hands on this modification can get it from here. Be prepared for a pretty big download, as the file size totals 3.3gb.
Game Files Installation:
1) Open up your Gta V main directory, and remove any previous ReShade, SweetFX, ENB files, or “mods” folders you have previously installed. (100% original game is recommended for a clean install process)
2) Create a folder titled “mods”(no quotation marks) inside your Gta 5 main directory, and copy and paste the folder/files; update, x64, common.rpf,and x64a.rpf – x64w.rpf – from your GtaV main directory, into the mods folder. (make sure these files/folders are 100% original, clean, unmodded)
3) Download and install OpenIV: http://openiv.com/webiv/guest.php?get=0 (make sure to install all the plug-ins that the OpenIV will prompt you with)
4) After fully completing the OpenIV installation, click on Tools —> Package Installer, then find the extracted Folder from the Redux download, and select REDUX_INSTALLER.oiv.
5) Select install, then choose “Game Folder”. (Make sure you have set up the mods folder properly in order for this to work correctly)
ReShade & ENB Installation:
1) Choose your desired ReShade options from the folder titled “ReShadePresets”. (GTA5_REDUX/RESHADE OPTIONS)
2) Copy and paste all the files from your choice folder, into the Gta 5 main directory.
3) When you want to try a different preset, delete the entire “ReShade” folder from your directory, and overwrite all existing files with your new choice.
There is a very likely chance that you will receive a crash during loading when using any of the ReShade presets other than the Redux (default). DO NOT WORRY! This is a bug with the version of ReShade, and can be easily fixed by simply closing every/any single application and window that you do not need to be running. Sometimes things as simple as a notepad, or file explorer can cause a crash. So close what you can, and try again. Things like Photoshop, and certain web plug-ins are the majority of the cause, but many other programs can produce the same crashes. Simply reseting the game will eventually provide a stable launch. Running Steam in offline mode, as well as being disconnected from the internet, also seems to help prevent the loading crashes.
Enjoy! -Josh Romito JR Productions
1) Game crashing while loading?
Try the following… – Close any and all open background processes and applications that are not essential(including recording and editing programs) and try launching again.(repeatedly)
– Remove all Reshade and ENB files, and try again. [Files to remove – ReShade(folder),ReShade64.dll, ReShade.fx, SweetFX.fx, dxgi.dll, d3dcompiler_46e.dll, enblocal.ini, enbseries.ini, enblightsprite.fx (DELETE THEM ALL!)]
If the problem persists; Rename the dxgi.dll *file* to ReShade64.dll (Gtav Main Directory) Open your enblocal.ini file, (Gtav Main directory) locate the line – ProxyLibrary=d3d11.dll And rename it to – ProxyLibrary=ReShade64.dll (make sure you save the file after your changes)
CONTACT ME @ www.gta5redux.com if you require assistance!! 🙂
DO NOT RE-UPLOAD,MODIFY, EDIT, OR USE THESE FILES IN YOUR OWN MODS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS PROJECT IS EXCLUSIVE TO GTA5REDUX.COM