SEGA Europe has been teasing a Vanquish PC release for a while, and now we have a release date, May 25, 2017. After cheekily adding a Vanquish avatar to Bayonetta‘s artwork folder on Steam, the company’s Twitter account started posting Vanquish screenshots with numbers in them, which can be re-arranged to form a date.
Gamers interested in pre-purchasing PlatinumGames‘ take on third person shooters will be rewarded with a limited Digital Deluxe Edition (including samples from the OST, a digital artbook and some high quality avatars) and a 25% off discount if they own Bayonetta on Steam.
From master director Shinji Mikami of Resident Evil fame, SEGA brings PlatinumGames’ revolutionary sci-fi action shooter to PC. Unlocked framerate, unlocked HD resolutions, extensive graphics options: the definitive way to play. War has accelerated.
Gear up in the Augmented Reaction Suit as government operative Sam Gideon and become the ultimate weapon. Combine unrivalled firepower with superhuman speed and agility to take down a huge variety of deadly robots.
- Fast, fluid and frenetic combat – PlatinumGames bring their signature action mechanics to the shooter genre: boosting, evading, Augmented Reaction mode, and more
- Kinetic melee moves – unique offensive and defensive moves that vary with your loadout
- Deadly firepower – command a vast arsenal of high-tech weapons, including all DLC weapons
- Legions of enemies – a huge variety of enemies to take down, from robot grunts to epic giant boss battles, all with smart AI
- Spectacular environments — fight your way through SC-01 Providence space colony, high-tech sci-fi battleground of the future
- Challenge and competition – race to the top of the online leaderboards with a rewarding scoring system and multiple difficulty modes that ensure challenging replayability
- Full Steam Support — Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save, Trading Cards, and Big Picture Mode
- Unlocked resolutions – play at 4K and beyond
- Unlocked framerates – push it as far as your rig will take you; PC gaming at its most liberating
- Enhanced PC graphical options – anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, SSAO lighting, scalable texture and shadow quality, post-processing effects and more
- Full EFIGS + Japanese support – voice overs, subtitles, and game menus in any language combination