Firaxis Games has just announced that XCOM 2 can now be played with a gamepad on PC. As of today, the strategy title has plug & play compatibility with both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers, while other peripherals may require additional user adjustements.
The patch that adds controller support along with various minor fixes will automatically install when starting the Steam client. If it doesn’t install automatically, please restart Steam.
While controller support adds a new way for Commanders playing on PC to experience XCOM 2, we’re excited to show you how combining it with the game’s versatile modding capabilities can open up an interesting new view into the Resistance, you may not have seen before.
See the complete list of PATCH 7 changes below:
- Adds traditional (non-Steam Controller) controller support to the PC
- Fix config/upk file issues that prevent full conversion mods from being possible on the Steam Workshop and also allow mods to have Bink files.
- In Alien Hunters, the “Ruler Reaction” notification will stay on the screen after a unit fires at the Archon King while he is using Icarus Drop during combat.
- SPARKS cannot be healed by Medikits
- Additional minor bug fixes